This is the standing rib roast we used on Black Friday. Even with the full Thanksgiving dinner the night before our family and guests really enjoyed this recipe.
- 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast
- 2.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Mix the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub roast thoroughly with the mixture.
- Place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down (if bone in) and the fatty side up.
- Roast for 1hr on 375 degree F.
- Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for up to 3 hours.
- Important: Do not remove roast or open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
- About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
- Note: Internal temperature should end up around 140 degree F. I normally hope to see about 120 degrees prior to initiating step 7.
- Get some Holsinger Homeplace Farms ground beef
- Make ground beef patties 1/4lb or more
- Grill them up for 3-5 minutes per side
Easy as that! This is really a test post, but the recipe still works.